Control HQ for Your Music Rig
Part pad controller, part control surface, and completely ready to rock, Akai Professional’s MPD226 lets you set up your music-creation to fit the way you like to work. It starts off with the same 16 MPC pads that have inspired music producers to recommend Akai Professional gear for decades, and it only goes uphill from there. RGB backlighting behind those pads makes it easy to color code your layout, which is especially handy when you’re switching between four banks of pad assignments. On the other side of the MPD226, there are four sliders, each with an assignable button and encoder. You can use these to set up track controls, ADSR envelopes, EQs, and much more. Top it off with classic MPC Note Repeat, dedicated transport controls, and a killer software package, and the MPD226 is a creative goldmine.
From your studio DAW to your live rig
One of the things that sets the MPD226 apart from similar pad controllers is the fact that it offers you hardware MIDI outputs, rather than just MIDI over USB. Now, the MIDI-over-USB is nothing to complain about – in fact, because it’s completely class compliant, you’ll never have to worry about installing special software or drivers to connect the MPD226 to your favorite software or iOS apps. Whether you perform with a tabletop full of modules or simply want to add a set of pads and some extra hands-on controls to your keyboard, you’ll find the MPD226 to be an excellent addition to your live rig.
Akai Professional MPD226 USB/MIDI Pad Controller Features:
- A combination pad controller and control surface that’s perfect for live and studio use
- Thick, fat MPC pads include RGB LED backlighting for multicolor visual feedback
- 4 pad banks provide you with a grand total of 64 pad controls
- 4 sliders include assignable Q-Link buttons and knobs for extra hands-on control
- 3 independent control banks for the control surface section offer 36 parameter controls
- Equipped with classic MPC functions such as Note Repeat and Full Level
- Instantly jump between 30 presets covering most popular DAWs
- Send class-compliant MIDI via USB or via 1/8″ MIDI I/O ports for hardware integration
- Simple transport section onboard for DAW playback and recording control
- Software package includes free titles from Ableton, Akai Professional, and Sonivox