12” Two-Way Full-Range Main System/Floor Monitor with Wi-Fi
The JBL PRX812 is a full-range speaker designed for main system and floor monitor applications. Featuring a 12”, two-way, bass-reflex design powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX812 delivers incredible volume in a lightweight and compact form factor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex™ finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance
- PRX812 is a compact and versatile speaker in the PRX800 Series with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. It has been designed to deliver maximum performance for its weight and size as both a stage monitor and a front of house main PA. Two user selectable EQ settings are provided to optimize the system for either application. With a dual socket pole mount the PRX812 is a perfect match with a PRX818XLF subwoofer, offering a high performance self-powered sub/sat system.
- The PRX812 is comprised of a 12” Differential Drive® woofer, a 2408H-1, 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by 1500 watt Class-D digital power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- All PRX800 cabinets are built from 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
- The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
System Type Self Powered 12”, two-way, bass-reflex Maximum SPL Output 135 dB peak Frequency Range (-10 dB) Main: 44.8 Hz – 20 kHz Monitor: 44.8 Hz – 20 kHz Frequency Response (±3 dB) Main: 55.7 Hz – 20 kHz Monitor: 56.5 Hz – 20 kHz Input Connectors 2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input Input Impedance 20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced) Signal Indicators Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting Signal: Green LED indicates signal present Power: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio EQ User selectable presets for Main or Monitor position, Advanced EQ settings available using Wi-Fi and PRX Connect application Dynamic Control (Input) dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit Crossover Frequency 1.85 kHz Design Highly efficient Class-D amplifier Power Rating 1500W (750W x 2) AC power input 100V – 240V ~ 50/60 Hz LF Driver 1 x JBL 272G 305 mm (12 in) woofer HF Driver 1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver Coverage Pattern 90° x 50° nominal Directivity Index (DI) 10.2 dB Directivity Factor (Q) 10.4 Enclosure Asymmetrical, 18 mm, plywood Suspension / Mounting Dual 36 mm pole socket, 12 x M10 Suspension Points Transport 1 x injection molded handle with backing cup Finish Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish Grille Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing. Dimensions (H x W x D): 599 mm x 385 mm x 341 mm (23.6 in x 15.1 in x 13.4 in) Net Weight 40 lbs / 18.1 kg Gross Weight 21.2 kg (48.0 lb)