15” Two-Way Full-Range Main System/Floor Monitor with Wi-Fi
The JBL PRX815 is a full-range speaker designed for main system and floor monitor applications. Featuring a 15”, two-way, bass-reflex design powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX815 delivers incredible volume in a lightweight and compact form factor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex™ finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance
- The 2-way 15” offers the perfect balance between size and performance. The PRX815 truly is an exception; it’s small, light weight, versatile and powerful with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. The performance and asymmetrical design make this a perfect choice for musicians, entertainers and DJ’s when portability is key, or when hung by the suspension points, an exceptional light-duty installation speaker. All PRX800 Series speakers were designed to excel in sound reinforcement where challenging audio environments and loud volumes are the norm. For applications requiring full bandwidth sound reproduction, the PRX815 delivers the optimum balance. For live music, recorded music playback and speech the user has the option of tailoring the EQ. A microphone can be directly connected to the speaker input for quick PA applications. Coupled with a PRX800 sub-woofer the system becomes an efficient, full-range sound system.
- The PRX815 is comprised of 15” 275G Differential Drive® woofer, a 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by 1500 watt Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- All PRX800 cabinets are built from 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
- The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
System Type Self Powered 15”, two-way, bass-reflex Maximum SPL Normal: 137 dB Boost: 137 dB Frequency Range (-10 dB) Main: 42.9 Hz – 19.5 kHz Monitor: 43.6 Hz – 19.3 kHz Frequency Response (±3 dB) Main: 58.1 Hz – 17.2 kHz Monitor: 60.7 Hz – 16.7 kHz Input Connectors 2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input Input Impedance 20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced) Signal Indicators Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting Signal: Green LED indicates signal present Power: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio EQ User selectable presets for Main or Monitor position, Advanced EQ settings available using Wi-Fi and PRX Connect application Dynamic Control (Input) dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit Crossover Frequency 2 kHz Design Highly efficient Class-D amplifier Power Rating 1500W (750W x 2) AC power input 100V – 240V ~ 50/60 Hz LF Driver 1 x JBL 275G (15 in) woofer HF Driver 1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver Coverage Pattern 90° x 50° nominal Directivity Index (DI) 10.2 dB Directivity Factor (Q) 10.4 Enclosure Asymmetrical, 18 mm, plywood Suspension / Mounting Dual 36 mm pole socket, 12 x M10 Suspension Points Transport 1 x injection molded handle with backing cup Finish Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish Grille Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing. Dimensions (H x W x D) 701 mm x 446 mm x 359 mm (27.6 in x 17.5 in x 14.1 in) Net Weight 20.86 kg (46.0 lb) Gross Weight 26.3 kg (58.0 lb)