15” Self-Powered Extended Low Frequency Subwoofer System with Wi-Fi
The JBL PRX815XLF is a self-powered extended low-frequency subwoofer system. Featuring a JBL 15-inch woofer powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX815XLF delivers incredible output in a lightweight and compact form factor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex™ finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance
- The PRX815XLF extended low frequency subwoofer was designed and engineered to provide sub bass frequencies with accuracy and power. Used as a single sub in a sub/ sat system or in multiples as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system, the PRX815XLF performs with exceptional efficiency and control. The subs are stackable and light-weight, ensuring quick set-ups and tear-downs. Due to their rugged construction, they are perfect for AV rental inventories. With the integrated stereo pass-thru this is the most powerful low-frequency complement to the PRX full-range systems. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization. PRX800 subwoofers feature a standard M20 threaded pole cup that can accept most modern subwoofer-mounted speaker poles.
- The PRX815XLF is a high performance self-powered subwoofer system with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. The PRX815XLF is comprised of a powerful 2275H Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, woofer driven by a 1500 Watt Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable cross-over functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- All PRX800 cabinets are built from 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
- The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the stereo outputs. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
System Type Self Powered 15” subwoofer Maximum SPL Output 131 dB peak Frequency Range (-10 dB) 36 Hz – 98 Hz Frequency Response (±3 dB) 40 Hz – 87 Hz Input Connectors Two Balanced female XLR/ 1/4” combo connectors Input Impedance 20K Ohms (balanced) Signal Indicators Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting Signal: Green LED indicates signal presentPower: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio. Dynamic Control (Input) dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit System Low Pass 80 Hz DSP Loop out Crossover Frequency 80 Hz Digital 24db/octave Linkwitz-Riley Filter Design Highly efficient Class-D amplifier Power Rating 1500W AC power input 100V – 240V ~ 50/60 Hz LF Driver 1 x JBL 2275H 15 in woofer Enclosure Rectangular, 18 mm, birch-poplar mix Transport 2 x injection molded handles with backing cup Finish Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish Grille Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing. Dimensions (H x W x D) 548 mm x 446 mm x 572 mm (21.6 in x 17.5 in x 22.5 in) Net Weight 26.3 kg (58.0 lb) Gross Weight 30.3 kg (66.8 lb)