Presonus Atom 16-pad Performance Controller
Groove Production Hardware Control Surface with 16 Velocity- and Pressure-sensitive Pads, 4 Rotary Encoders, Switchable Polyphonic Aftertouch/Channel Pressure/MIDI CC Message Modes, Selectable Pad Velocity Curves and Pressure Thresholds, 8 Pad Banks, and USB 2.0 Connectivity
Groove Box-style Pad Controller for Studio One and Ableton Live
Take command of your productions with the PreSonus Atom. This groove box–style pad controller makes browsing instruments and creating tracks a breeze. You can also record and edit your projects, navigate Studio One’s timeline, and create loop points within your arrangements. The Atom features 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads with switchable polyphonic aftertouch, channel pressure, and MIDI CC message modes. You also get four rotary encoders and eight pad banks, allowing for new realms of hands-on exploration. In addition to Studio One, you’ll also benefit from tight integration with Ableton Live, enabling you to produce, play virtual instruments, and trigger samples and loops with unsurpassed expressiveness and flexibility. The Atom also includes selectable pad velocity curves and pressure thresholds, along with MIDI keyboard, note repeat, and full velocity modes.
State-of-the-art hardware with top-shelf features
The first thing we noticed about the Atom was how great its 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads feel. And with switchable polyphonic aftertouch, channel pressure, or MIDI CC message modes, they’re incredibly expressive as well. Four endless rotary encoders make tweaking parameters a breeze, while eight pad banks expand your number of pads to an impressive 128. Selectable pad velocity curves and pressure thresholds allow you to customize the Atom’s response for maximum expression. You also get MIDI keyboard, note repeat, and full velocity modes. Internal or external clocking and USB 2.0 connectivity round out the Atom’s feature set.
Tight integration with Studio One and Ableton Live
With the Atom, you’ll take control of your productions like never before, thanks to tight integration with Studio One and Ableton Live. This groove box-style controller is automatically detected by Studio One, so no setup is required. Effortlessly navigate and choose an instrument from the Atom’s Instrument Browser. Create a new track, change an instrument’s preset, or change your project’s tempo right from the hardware. You can also set looping points, navigate Studio One’s timeline, zoom in and out on the timeline or events, and edit and quantize MIDI events. Beyond that, you get quick access to Studio One’s transport controls. Ableton Live users will also find much to love here, as the Atom’s 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads make producing, playing virtual instruments, and triggering samples and loops expressive, flexible, and fun. Best of all, the Atom includes copies of Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite to get you started!
Superb software package included
Your purchase includes Studio One Artist and everything you need to start recording via your computer. Plus, to take your recordings to the next level, you get the Studio Magic plug-in suite. This extensive collection of popular plug-ins includes emulations of classic studio gear from legendary manufacturers, adding hundreds of dollars in extra value. Punch up your mix bus with the Brainworx bx_opto compressor, add ambient reverb with Lexicon MPX-i Reverb, fire up transients with SPL’s Attacker Plus, and much more. And since these plug-ins are available in AAX, VST, and AU formats, they’re compatible with any DAW.
PreSonus Atom Features:
- Groove box–style pad controller
- 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads with 8 pad banks (128 total sounds)
- Enjoy full expression with switchable polyphonic aftertouch, channel pressure, or MIDI CC message modes
- 4 endless rotary encoders make tweaking parameters a breeze
- Selectable pad velocity curves and pressure thresholds customize the pads’ response for maximum expression
- MIDI keyboard, note repeat, and full velocity modes
- Internal or external clocking and USB 2.0 connectivity
- Tight integration with Studio One DAW software
- Automatically detected by Studio One, so no setup is required
- Create a new track, change an instrument’s preset, or change your project’s tempo right from the hardware
- Set looping points, navigate the timeline, zoom in/out on the timeline or events, and edit/quantize MIDI events
- Ableton Live integration makes producing, playing virtual instruments, and triggering samples and loops expressive, flexible, and fun
- Also works with other DAWs via USB-MIDI
- Includes Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite, and a 5′ USB cable
- Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of awesome plug-in emulations of classic studio gear.
- Type:Pad Control Surface
- Pads:16 x RGB Pads
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Aftertouch:Polyphonic Aftertouch, Channel Pressure
- Encoders/Pots:4 x Programmable Rotary Encoders
- MIDI I/O:USB
- USB:1 x Type B
- Sequencer:Yes (Studio One Artist software)
- Software:Studio One Artist, MVP Loops, Ableton Live Lite
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:Intel Core 2 Duo or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 40GB drive space
- Hardware Requirements – PC:Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon X2 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 40GB drive space
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.11 or higher, 64-bit
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later, 64-bit
- Power Supply:USB bus powered
- Weight:1 lb.
Alesis Compact Kit 4 4-Pad Portable Tabletop Drum Kit0 out of 5