Samsung QN65Q80A 65″ Smart QLED 4K UHD TV
|Direct Full Array
||Quantum Processor 4K
|100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot
||Quantum HDR 12X
Get lost in the action
Samsung’s QN65Q80A delivers a rich, realistic picture that combines 4K detail and the precise illumination of a full-array LED backlight with local dimming. The panel’s localized lighting produces bright highlights and excellent shadow detail that will make movie nights a joy.
Samsung has put some effort into sound quality, too. The Q80A’s built-in 2.2.2-channel speaker system includes dedicated up-firing speakers that help create a more immersive sound experience. And its Object Tracking Sound technology uses AI-based software to match the TV’s sound with the movement of objects on the screen.
Samsung’s QLED sets are known for bright, vivid colors that pop off the screen, even in the brightest of rooms. HDR content is going to look great, but you don’t need a premium signal to enjoy excellent picture quality.
The Q80A’s Quantum Processor 4K uses Machine Learning to upgrade the picture for all kinds of sources. Content is analyzed scene by scene against its built-in database of images to create a sharper picture with lifelike texture and detail.
The Q80A has a lot in common with the pricier sets in this year’s Samsung lineup, including some great gaming features like 4K at 120Hz. It also supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) via AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro for smooth, tear-free graphics and stunning HDR detail.
Game Mode is automatically activated thanks to ALLM support to reduce input lag for lightning fast response time. You can also make real-time adjustments to your settings using the dedicated pop-up menu called Game Bar.
Smart control options
Samsung’s already excellent remote got an eco-friendly upgrade this year. The new SolarCell Remote™ has a built-in solar cell that is sensitive enough to keep the battery charged using the basic indoor lights in your home. This simple change could keep millions of batteries out of the landfill and save you a trip to the store.
Like prior Samsung remotes, this version makes it easy to control all your connected devices. It also has a button to activate your choice of included voice assistants: Bixby, Google, or Alexa.
- 64.5″ screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Direct Full Array 8X LED backlight with Supreme UHD Dimming (local dimming)
- Quantum HDR 12X (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) for excellent picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% color volume — full color with full brightness
- Quantum Processor 4K improves contrast, shadow detail, and color accuracy
- 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director’s intent
- Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ blur reduction
Video source compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple’s video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
Smart TV features:
- built-in Bixby, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa voice control assistants
- TV is also compatible with other Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately)
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Apple AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your Apple device
- TV-to-mobile and mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring
- Multi View lets you mirror the phone on the TV while streaming other content simultaneously
- tap a compatible Samsung Galaxy phone on the TV to quickly engage mirroring (requires Android OS 8.1 and higher)
- Game Motion Plus optimizes settings for smooth game play
- HDMI 4 input supports: 4K/120Hz and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
- supports variable refresh rate via FreeSync Premium Pro
- Super Ultrawide GameView lets you adjust the aspect ratio from 21:9 to 32:9 and move the screen position to eye level for compatible PC games, optimizing your playing experience
- Game Bar on-screen menu lets you double check your input lag and make adjustments to your fps (frames per second), HDR, wireless headset settings, etc.
- 4 HDMI inputs (three 2.0b, one 2.1)
- all inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- HDMI 3 input supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)/eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in 2.2.2-channel speaker system (60 watts total power)
- Object Tracking Sound uses speakers built into TV’s frame to create sound that tracks every motion on the screen
- SpaceFit Sound uses built-in microphone to optimize sound for your room
- Active Voice Amplifier analyzes ambient room noise and enhances voices for clear dialogue
- works with select Samsung sound bars featuring Q-Symphony technology to create a fuller soundstage
- SolarCell Remote can be charged using your home’s lighting or USB
- mic button activates voice assistant
- Ambient Mode+ helps the TV blend into your room when it’s wall-mounted, or shows screen savers featuring photos, artwork, or info like weather
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield):
- with stand: 57″W x 35-3/4″H x 11-1/2″D
- without stand: 57″W x 32-3/4″H x 2-1/2″D (includes allowance for cable connections)
- stand footprint: 15-1/2″W x 11-1/2″D
- weight: 61.3 lbs. with stand; 53.1 lbs. without stand
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 300mm